Friday, May 7, 2010

My Great Grandmother Ellen Charles "SEPIA SATURDAY"

Today I am featuring my great grandmother Ellen Charles.
Remembered for Mothers Day... I am sure this will be her first.  
 She married my great grandfather Thomas in Australia on the 21st October 1874.
Both migrated with their families from Cardigan in Wales.
Her dress was brown silk and is now on view in the Narrandera Historical Museum, New South Wales. Australia.
Ellen Gave birth to eight children. Four boys and four girls.
My grandfather Samuel, my mother's father, was her eldest son.

Pictured in latter years with her daughters. She survived her husband..
Sadly I don't know much about the family. I think 3 of the girls were nurses. 
One story I do remember was that the famous Bushranger Ned Kelly, came to my grandmother kitchen to get something to eat. He was fed and went on his way. 
  
Ned Kelly was born in Victoria of Irish parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment