Monday, November 15, 2010

Penang Hill - Never Something You Expected


Penang Hill, a tourist attraction located in the island of Penang in Malaysia was a place I have always wanted to visit and finally, imagine my excitement, when I got the change to experience it!

I managed to reach the Penang Hill counter to purchase tickets to take the train up to Penang Hill. I was surprised to see that upon reaching the entrance to take the train, it was an uphill ride. The train was painted red and white and was built to shape the tracks leading up and down. This was very impressive as it gave a stable standing ground so you will not feel like you are falling backwards or moving upwards. Since there is no need to control my body movement, I could actually enjoy the ride up. As I moved to the first platform before we changed train to reach to the top, it was getting colder and I did enjoy the cool breeze on my skin. The air was amazing and extremely clean and breathing it in was really making me feel on cloud nine.

Once I reached to the top, I walked out and experienced the view. There were beautiful trees and flowers located on each side and the view of Penang Island from the top was truly amazing. By then, the landscape was just like little building toys that someone placed in the midst of the island and the whole island is just a stand alone island floating on the beach. What a sight.....

In the midst of this serene place, there is still some development. There is a range of restaurant and shops that one could savor to taste the Penang Island food and on the right is a police station and small hotel. I really wanted to enjoy this experienced so I rented a bicycle to cycle around. Just cycling around the hill was really refreshing and exciting all at the same time. This is because the air on Penang Hill makes you feel so energetic you just feel you could go on and on. There is a temple on top of the hill and hearing the chanting of the priest and smell of the incense just adds an extra touch to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment